- View all courses provides an unfiltered list of all winter session courses.
- Hybrid courses reduce in-class meetings with online, out-of-class, or interactive learning activities, and may require more independent learning.
- Online courses emphasize self-directed learning using web-based software. Courses may be offered synchronously (at a designated log-on time) or asynchronously (all work is completed individually on your own time). Check with the course instructor for specific details.
- GEP courses explore a variety of academic disciplines essential for a well-educated citizen. UMBC degree seeking students must meet GEP requirements before graduating.
- Evening courses provide flexible scheduling options.
- Shady Grove courses are a convenient option for students living in Montgomery County and the surrounding areas to take UMBC classes without driving to the main campus. During winter session, classes at the Universities at Shady Grove are open to all UMBC students.
- Courses with prerequisites require successful completion of (or current enrollment in) specific courses identified in the schedule of classes. Special permission may be required, especially for visiting students.
Academic integrity is an important value at UMBC. By enrolling in a course, each student assumes the responsibilities of an active participant in the scholarly community in which everyone’s academic work and behavior are held to the highest standards of honesty. Rigorous standards allow UMBC students, faculty, and administrators, as well as scholars and employers in the larger community, to trust that the work that students submit is the fruit of their own learning and academic effort.