- View all courses provides an unfiltered list of all winter session courses.
- Hybrid courses reduce in-class meetings with online, out-of-class, or interactive learning activities, and may require more independent learning.
- Online courses emphasize self-directed learning using web-based software. Courses may be offered synchronously (at a designated log-on time) or asynchronously (all work is completed individually on your own time). Check with the course instructor for specific details.
- GEP courses explore a variety of academic disciplines essential for a well-educated citizen. UMBC degree seeking students must meet GEP requirements before graduating.
- Evening courses provide flexible scheduling options.
- Shady Grove courses are a convenient option for students living in Montgomery County and the surrounding areas to take UMBC classes without driving to the main campus. During winter session, classes at the Universities at Shady Grove are open to all UMBC students.
- Courses with prerequisites require successful completion of (or current enrollment in) specific courses identified in the schedule of classes. Special permission may be required, especially for visiting students.
- Or you can Search the full course schedule using your mobile device.
Syllabi in the archives are from previous summer and winter sessions, and should only be used for planning purposes. Course instructors will distribute their syllabi at the beginning of class or post them on the course Blackboard before the session begins.
- There may not be an archived course syllabus for every course offered during the current session.
- An archived course syllabus does not guarantee the course will be offered during the current session.
Plan your schedule
UMBC offers several online tools to help you plan your schedule.
Schedule Planner is a web based planning tool to assist you in selecting the best schedule from multiple options. Use this tool to choose desired courses, and setup blocked times for events such as work, study time, and lunch. Once you select your schedule, you can import directly to myUMBC.
How to use Schedule Planner
- Login to myUMBC.
- Click on Guide.
- Click on Classes and Grades.
- Click on the link labeled Schedule Builder.
Additional schedule planning tools
Academic Pathways is a degree-planning guide that allows you to search by major for a complete list of the courses you’ll need to graduate from UMBC in four years. Many general education (GEP) and required courses are offered in winter session to help you stay on track and graduate on time.
Degree Audit allows you to track your progress toward degree completion including key graduation requirements: 120 credits, 2 PHED courses, general education requirements, and requirements for majors, minors, and certificates. The degree audit shows which requirements are satisfied, and those that remain to be completed.
If you are considering a different major or adding a minor or a certificate program, you can review your program using the What-If Degree Audit scenarios. This tool allows you to see which courses fulfill degree requirements and which ones are needed without actually changing your major.