Welcome to UMBC!
UMBC welcomes students from other colleges/universities who want to earn transferable credits in January. You must be in good academic standing at your home institution and/or any previous colleges/universities you’ve attended.
You must first apply and be admitted to UMBC as a visiting student before you can register in winter session. The visiting student application opens October 1, and closes December 19, 2018. Admission is for Winter Session 2019 only. To enroll in future semesters, you must reapply.
Be sure to review the academic and financial dates and deadlines for winter session.
After you are admitted
- Create your myUMBC account.
- Register for your courses. ALL visiting students attempting to enroll in courses with prerequisites will initially be blocked from registering, even if you included a transcript with your application. Visit the Registration Assistance page to submit a prerequisite override request.
- Check your UMBC email and Blackboard regularly for updates before and during winter session.
- Review your student account and pay your bill by the due date.
- Order your textbooks, parking permit, student ID card, and sign up for UMBC’s emergency text alert service.
- View final grades and order transcripts.
- Contact the Office of Summer, Winter and Special Programs for questions or assistance.